Digital Millennium Copyright Act Policy (DMCA Policy)
Notification of Infringement
It is the policy of GameWisp to respond to clear notices of alleged copyright infringement. This DMCA Policy explains the information that must be included in these notices, as required by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). Upon receipt of a DMCA compliant notice, GameWisp, Inc. (GameWisp) will expeditiously remove or disable access to the content that is the subject of the notice. If you are a copyright owner or the authorized agent thereof, and you wish to file a notice of infringement with GameWisp, you may submit a notice by providing GameWisp’s Designated Copyright Agent with the following information in writing (please consult legal counsel or 17 U.S.C. § 512(c)(3) to confirm these requirements):
- A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
- Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such
- Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit GameWisp to locate the material.
- Information reasonably sufficient to permit GameWisp to contact you, such as an address, telephone number, and, if available, an electronic mail address at which you may be contacted.
- A statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law.
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that you are authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
PLEASE NOTE THAT UNDER SECTION 512(F) OF THE DMCA, ANY PERSON WHO KNOWINGLY MATERIALLY MISREPRESENTS THAT MATERIAL OR ACTIVITY IS INFRINGING MAY BE SUBJECT TO LIABILITY.
If you are unsure whether the material available online infringes your copyright, please contact an attorney before sending a Counter-Notification.
The administrator of an affected site or the provider of affected content may make a counter notification under sections 512(g)(2) and (3) of the DMCA. If you elect to send us a counter notice, to be effective it must be a written communication that includes the following (please consult legal counsel or 17 U.S.C. § 512(g)(3) to confirm these requirements):
- A physical or electronic signature of the subscriber.
- Identification of the material that has been removed or to which access has been disabled and the location at which the material appeared before it was removed or access to it was disabled.
- A statement under penalty of perjury that the subscriber has a good faith belief that the material was removed or disabled as a result of mistake or misidentification of the material to be removed or disabled.
- The subscriber’s name, address, and telephone number, and a statement that the subscriber consents to the jurisdiction of the Federal District Court for the judicial district in which the address is located, or if the subscriber’s address is outside the United States, for any judicial district in which GameWisp may be found, and that the subscriber will accept service of process from the person who provided notification under subsection (c)(1)(C) or an agent of such person.
PLEASE NOTE THAT UNDER SECTION 512(f) OF THE DMCA, ANY PERSON WHO KNOWINGLY MATERIALLY MISREPRESENTS THAT MATERIAL OR ACTIVITY WAS REMOVED OR DISABLED BY MISTAKE OR MISIDENTIFICATION MAY BE SUBJECT TO LIABILITY.
Designated Copyright Agent: Andrew Wynans
GameWisp, Inc. 1300 Clinton St. Suite 204, Nashville, TN 37203
Email: [email protected]